After enjoying a be-e-a-utiful afternoon of relaxing and getting some sun, it was finally time to tackle the grocery shopping!
I wasn’t really sure what I felt like for dinner tonight and didn’t want to go shopping without a little bit of a plan! Then, while going through the veggie drawer, I noticed that some of our goodies weren’t going to last too much longer. I decided to chop them up, toss them with some olive oil, onion powder, salt and pepper and roast them up!
As they were roasting, it hit me! Veggie pizza! Veggie pizza was always a favourite in my house, yum!
Once these little babies were out of the oven, I headed off to grab our groceries for the week. By then it was 5:30, not an ideal time to go shopping! Our local grocery store has a severe lack of shopping trolleys and once the pickin’s are slim, it’s every man for himself, and it can get intense! Don’t you worry, I got mine!
Then it was home to bake up the goods!
Perfect if you don’t have time or don’t want to make up your own.
I spread the base with some tomato paste and sprinkled on some mozzarella cheese (I’m a big fan of the cheese on the bottom of the toppings).
After cheesin’ it up, I
dumped carefully placed on the roasted veggies. I also added some Aidell’s chicken apple sausage and a bit of deli ham because I lovvveee me some meats on pizza! A little extra sprinkle of cheese and it was ready to go!
10 minutes later, we were whistlin’ a happy pizza tune!
It was ultra delicious, very filling and chocked with veggie goodness, a winner!
Fully loaded Veggie Pizza
1. Roast your choice of vegetables with a generous drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper in 450F/230C oven for around 30 mins.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 450F/230C if no longer heated
3. Spread your pizza base with tomato paste and sprinkle on mozzarella cheese (to the edges, don’t be shy!)
4. Add your roasted veggies and choice of meat (totally optional).
5. A little extra cheese for good measure
6. Cook in the oven for about 8-10 minutes (I place the pizza right on the rack, it makes for a sweeeet crunchy base!)
7. Slice it up and enjoy!
Well, a little tv time for me and I’ll be calling it a night. Happy dreams everyone!